To order call (218) 722-0229
In 1907, the upper portion of the building was called the Grant Hotel. According to the proprietors, the hotel had more than 33 rooms that shared two full baths. With claw-foot bathtubs and small square sinks, it was a crowded affair, yet well-established and successful.
In the 1920s, one of the lower store-fronts was owned by Gus Saites, who began the original Coney Island restaurant. To this day, Coney Island serves a delicious breakfast and lunch menu, including the famous homemade chili hotdog that was introduced to Duluth in 1921.